Photos of Hampton Fire Department Station No. 2
Return to Table of Contents
132 Winnacunnet Road
1932 -- 1978
HFD Station No. 2 sign
Station No. 2 sign with base
coat of paint by David Weber.
Station No. 2 sign refurbished by David Weber, HFD, 2002.
(A job well done!) [Atlantic News photo by Liz Premo]
American Legion Post 35 Hall & Fire Station No. 2 in 1938,
132 Winnacunnet Road [Note Navy deck gun on lawn].
The uptown fire station (Station No. 2), located in the first floor of the building now wholly occupied by the Hampton District Court, September 24, 1968. The town's second fire station opened on New Year's Day 1933 and operated until the new station on Winnacunnet Road was built in 1977. Pictured at left is a water-tank truck; at right is the Maynard tank/pumper truck, purchased in 1964.
Hampton District Court House with the Hampton Fire Department sign recently refurbished by David Weber of the HFD in 2002.
The Hampton Beach Fire Station (Station No. 1) on Ashworth Avenue, c. 1938. Still in use today (2002), it was built in 1924 after a fire destroyed the previous station, which had just been built. Next door are the Casino Garage and the second Hampton Inn, which was built after the fire destroyed the original building.Return to Table of Contents