Joseph Dow's History of Hampton: D.O. Leavitt -- Apothecary and Grocer / Post Office Store -- Stationery, Confectionery and Tobacco
D. O. Leavitt -- Apothecary and Grocer
In 1889 this building was moved away, to make room for Shaw's block, a fine new edifice, opened in April, 1890. After moving into his commodious store in Shaw's block, Mr. Leavitt began to run order teams, two of which are constantly employed. Mr. Laird soon removed to Newmarket, and D.O. Leavitt now takes personal charge of the whole, with the aid of two or three clerks. Annual business, about twenty thousand dollars.
Post Office Store -- Stationery, Confectionery and Tobacco