News from the Hampton Beach Village District
Hampton Beach Village District
- Part 1 -
Precinct Commissioners' Message to the Public
Atlantic News, Friday, August 17, 2007
[The following article is courtesy of Atlantic News]
(Editor's Note: This is the first of a series of articles provided by members of the "Precinct Pen" Newsletter Committee of the Hampton Beach Village District.)
Precinct Commissioners' Message to the Public
The Hampton Beach Village District is embarking on a new year of exciting activities. We are celebrating our 100th anniversary, and we have organized a variety of festivities to commemorate this important event. We invite all Precinct residents to join us in the celebration and to participate in Precinct-sponsored programs.
This will be a year marked with special events and ongoing beautification projects. We continue to need volunteers for the volley ball competition in August and the Beautification committee.
We are looking forward to a successful 2007 season for all business owners. It is our goal to foster an atmosphere of cooperation and communication among all who are involved in making Hampton Beach a great community.
We express our deepest thanks to all residents, business owners and tourists. We would also like to thank past Precinct commissioners for their contributions to Hampton Beach.
It is our hope that the Precinct Pen will serve as a tool to inform and build awareness concerning activities and issues facing the Precinct. We will continue to support programs that make Hampton Beach a family-oriented and safe coastal destination. We wish everyone a profitable and enjoyable summer season.
Beach Community Happenings
Village District's Centennial Coin
• Precinct monthly meeting: The monthly business meeting is the second Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the second floor meeting room of the Hampton Beach Precinct Building/ Fire Station on Ashworth Avenue. After our business meeting there will be opportunity for public input. Look for the televised meeting under the School Board/ Special Events time-slot category on Channel 22.
• Tops in Blue, US Air Force's Entertainment Band celebrating 60 years of the USAF in concert on Sunday August 19. The world-renown musical review is performed by active duty men and women providing 90 minutes of non-stop entertainment for the entire family. Tops in Blue brings a touch of America and the pride of the U.S. Air Force to all of their audiences. Activities at the Sea Shell start at 7 pm.; the show starts at 8 p.m. and is followed by a spectacular "fireworks display of the century" at 9:45 p.m.
• The Hampton Beach Children's Festival concludes on Friday August 17 with a Costume Parade and prizes for all contestants. Meet at the Hampton Beach State Park at 10:15 a.m.; parade starts at 11 a.m. Be there for the Grand Finale at 12 noon, when the parade ends at the Sea Shell Stage with an awards ceremony. For more information about the parade call the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce (603) 926-8717 or visit www.hamptonbeach.org.
• Knitting for Peace. This group was started spring 2007 for the purpose of knitting projects and donating them to diverse charities. Recently the group donated 22 prayer shawls and three baby blankets to the Dover Hospice. All are welcome, both experienced and beginner knitters. The group will resume meeting in the fall at the Coffee Break Café at Patriot's Corner. For more information call Linda Gebhart at (603) 929-3850
• 100th Anniversary Hampton Beach Village Precinct Gala Celebration, Friday, September 14. Ashworth by the Sea Hotel, with music by the Continentals. Save the date, and plan to come and have a great time. More details will follow.
• Planning Board Public Hearing, Wednesday, September 19. Public input session on zoning changes to be made at the beach. Your concerns or suggestions are important.
• Hampton Beach Volleyball Tournament, Saturday, August 18-19, starting at 9 a.m. The tournament will take place on the beach, south of the Seashell, between "G" and "M" Streets. There will be both women's and men's AA & A divisions.
• Hampton Beach IDOL Competition, Friday through Sunday, August 24-26 at 7 p.m. nightly. Friday – Junior Competition on Friday, Senior Competition on Saturday, finals in both categories on Sunday.
"No one person has to do it all, but if each one of us follows our heart and our own inclinations, we will find the small things that we can do to create a sustainable future and a healthy environment." — John Denver