Original documents relating to Hampton, NH
The Hampton Historical undertook a massive scanning and indexing project in 2013-2014 and were able to digitize and create a table of contents for the first seven volumes of the original Town records of Hampton dating from the first settlement of the town. These records can all be viewed on the Society's website.
The library has been able to scan a number of old documents, some dating back to the founding of the town, relating to Hampton families and town affairs. Most of these documents haven't been either cataloged or transcribed, but we present their images here for your perusal.
- 1645 deed between William Palmer of Hampton and John and Martha Sherman of Watertown. Image // Transcription
- Selections from the ledgers of Nathaniel (1731-1806) and Sanborn Batchelder (1771-1850) of Hampton.
- A List of Deaths in Hampton, 1767-1875
- The Emery papers. Dozens of old documents from the 18th and 19th centuries pertaining to town affairs, personal legal matters, and some military rolls from the War of 1812. Uncataloged.
- The Shaw and Moulton cases
- A Record of the Doings of the Trustees of the Hampton Proprietary School in the case of Simeon Brackett Shaw, Simon Moulton & Jacob Moulton, students at Hampton Proprietary School, December 13-19, 1815. Transcription of an original document.
If anyone would like to take on the job of cataloging and/or transcribing any of these items, please contact the webmaster at webmaster(at)hampton.lib.nh.us.