Vestibule Pickup Service
The library will begin offering pickup service from our vestibule on June 15. Go online, email or call to reserve your items. We are phasing this in gradually, starting with items already in the building. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new process. Here’s how it will work:
- You will place holds as before, by logging in to your account online, searching/browsing the catalog.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or phone notification from the library.
- At that point, you must email (circ(at)hampton.lib.nh.us) or call the library at (603) 926-3368 before 5 PM to schedule a pickup time window. We offer either a morning pickup between 10 AM to 2 PM OR an afternoon pickup between 2 PM and 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
- We are not offering same day pickup. Please wait for a response confirming your pick up time.
- Visit the library any time during your pickup time window to retrieve your materials. You may also return any items you have out, using the outdoor book drop.
How will I pick up my holds?
Items will be placed in the library entrance vestibule, in bags labeled with the first three letters of your last name, the first letter of your first name, and the last four digits of your phone number (for example LAN, L. 3368). All Items will already be checked out to you for 4 weeks – so feel free to take your bag and go! This is a no-contact service, meaning that staff will not be outdoors.
At this time, the library building will remain closed to the public.
Please do not use Park N’ Pickup shelves to return materials. This is essential to maintain safe handling of all materials. Instead, you may return your items using the outdoor book drop.
If you need assistance with reaching your bag on the shelf, a doorbell will be available that will alert staff who will come and assist you.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
We ask that you wait until the library has contacted you via email or phone to let you know your items are ready. At that time, you may schedule a pickup.
How do I place holds on items?
Please visit http://hampton.lib.nh.us/youraccount for instructions on placing a hold online. If you have difficulty logging in, or accessing the internet, feel free to call us at (603) 926-3368 to place a hold over the phone.
Remember – we will let you know when the items are ready for you to schedule curbside pickup.
Remote Printing with Park N’ Pickup
The library now offers remote printing for contactless pickup. Here’s how it works.
- Send your files, full name, and library card number to ref(at)hampton.lib.nh.us.
- You may print up to 10 pages free of charge per day. At this time, we cannot print more than 10 pages, or accept payment for printing.
- Wait for a response confirming your pickup day then visit the library anytime between 10 AM and 6 PM on that day to retrieve your materials. They will be located in the library vestibule, with other contactless pickups. Printed jobs will be placed confidentially in a manila envelope or padded mailer, labeled with the first three letters of your last name, the first letter of your first name, and the last four digits of your phone number (for example LAN, L. 3368).
Questions? Call us at 603-926-3368.
The library now offers remote faxing. Here’s how it works.
- Send your files, fax contact number, full name, and library card number to ref(at)hampton.lib.nh.us.
- Not sure how to get your documents to us? If you have a smart phone, please take a clear picture of your document. We will confirm if the document is clear enough for faxing. Please always contact whom you are faxing to confirm that they could read files that were sent.
- You may fax up to 10 pages free of charge per day. At this time, we cannot fax more than 10 pages, or accept payment for printing.
- We will email a fax confirmation or alert you if the fax could not go through.
Questions? Call us at 603-926-3368.
I don’t have a library card! Can I use this service?
Please visit this page for instructions on signing up for a library card remotely.
Can I request items from other libraries?
No. At this time, we are not receiving items from other NH libraries. We are still, however, happy to receive and review item purchase requests here http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/Request_a_title. We can't guarantee that we will purchase all requested items, but we are happy to consider additions to our collection.
Can I request additional items after I reserve my pickup time?
If you have a pending pickup you may still reserve additional items, however if you reserve more items after your pickup time is confirmed, we will not be able to combine both orders into one package. We will be happy to schedule another pickup for you on a separate day.
What safety precautions is the library taking?
In accordance with the decision of the Board of Trustees of the Library you will be required to wear a face mask while picking up items.
The library has taken the following steps before offering these services:
- Completed a detailed cleaning of the library building
- Deep cleaned frequently used surfaces
- Obtained adequate stores of disinfectant and hand sanitizer, as well as protective gear for staff
All staff will be wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing while in the building.
In addition, we will be quarantining all returning items for a minimum of 96 hours.
All library services will be operated with the minimum number of library staff, to avoid opportunities for contact.
How long will you offer this service?
Until further notice. Since our service levels are determined based on a number of public health factors, we do not know when our services, or our hours, will change. Please check our website at http://hampton.lib.nh.us/ for updates.
Rest assured that library staff are working on plans for the next phase of reopening, and we look forward to serving you further in the future!